- adj. 自愿的；志愿的；自发的；故意的
- n. 志愿者；自愿行动
CET4 TEM4 IELTS 考 研 TOEFL CET6
- voluntary (adj.)
- late 14c., from Latin voluntarius "willing, of one's free will," from voluntas "will," from the ancient accusative singular present participle of velle "to wish" (see will (v.)). Originally of feelings, later also of actions (mid-15c.). Related: Voluntarily.
- 1. An e-mail is already circulating amongst news staff calling for voluntary redundancies.
- 2. Because the work was voluntary it was flexible, time-wise.
- 3. He is still involved in voluntary work promoting local enterprise.
- 4. Attention is drawn to a special voluntary course in Commercial French.
- 5. Some local authorities and voluntary organizations also run workshops for disabled people.
[ voluntary 造句 ]