- ventral (adj.)
- 1739, from French ventral or directly from Late Latin ventralis "of or pertaining to the belly or stomach," from Latin venter (genitive ventris) "belly, paunch; stomach, appetite; womb, unborn child," from PIE *wend-tri- (cognates: Latin vesica "bladder," Sanskrit vastih "bladder," Old High German wanast, German wanst "paunch, belly"), perhaps from root *udero- "abdomen, womb, stomach" (see uterus).
- 1. a fish's ventral fin
- 2. Its sucking mouth was in a terminal rather than a ventral position.
- 3. The ventral nerve cord is covered externally by a peritoneum.
- 4. Anterior ( Ventral, Front ) Nearer to the front of the body is anterior.
- 前 ( 腹侧, 前面 ) 靠近身体正面为前.
- 5. Ventral ( or pelvic ) fins correspond to the hind limbs of a quadruped.
- 腹鳍 对应着四足动物的后肢.
[ ventral 造句 ]