来自梵语 Simhapuram,狮子城，来自 simhah,狮子，词源同 Sinhalese,puram,城市，词源同 polis,police,policy.
- from Sanskrit Simhapuram "Lion City," from simhah "lion" + puram "city," from PIE *pele- "citadel, fortified high place" (see polis (n.)). The name is perhaps metaphoric of something, as no lions are found there. Singapore sling attested from 1930; said on the island to have been invented there 1915 by a barman named Ngian Tong Dron.
- 1. The cargo was due to be offloaded in Singapore three days later.
- 2. Punctually at 7.45, the express to Kuala Lumpur left Singapore station.
- 3. He visited Thailand and Singapore to tout for investment.
- 4. He eventually constructed a business empire which ran to Thailand and Singapore.
- 5. Pakistan's Jansher Khan has won the men's final at the Singapore Open.
[ Singapore 造句 ]