- n. 结构；构造；建筑物
- vt. 组织；构成；建造
CET4 TEM4 考 研 CET6
来自拉丁语 structura,装配，建造，布置，来自 struere,连接，组装，建造，堆放，来自 PIE*ster, 展开，延展，词源同 stratum,strew,construct.引申词义结构，构造，体系等。
- structure:  Structure comes via Old French structure from Latin structūra, a noun derived from the past participle of struere ‘build’. Other English words from the same source are construct, construe, destroy, destruction, instruct, and obstruct .
=> construct, construe, destroy, destruction, instruct, obstruct, strain
- structure (n.)
- mid-15c., "action or process of building or construction;" 1610s, "that which is constructed, a building or edifice;" from Latin structura "a fitting together, adjustment; a building, mode of building;" figuratively, "arrangement, order," from structus, past participle of struere "to pile, place together, heap up; build, assemble, arrange, make by joining together," related to strues "heap," from PIE *stere- "to spread, extend, stretch out."
The widespread descendants of this ancient root are believed to include: Sanskrit strnoti "strews, throws down;" Avestan star- "to spread out, stretch out;" Greek stronymi "strew," stroma "bedding, mattress," sternon "breast, breastbone;" Latin sternere "to stretch, extend;" Old Church Slavonic stira, streti "spread," strama "district;" Russian stroji "order;" Gothic straujan, Old High German strouwen, Old English streowian "to sprinkle, strew;" Old English streon "strain," streaw "straw, that which is scattered;" Old High German stirna "forehead," strala "arrow, lightning bolt;" Old Irish fo-sernaim "spread out," srath "a wide river valley;" Welsh srat "plain."
- structure (v.)
- "put together systematically," by 1855 (occasional use from late 16c.), from structure (n.). Related: Structured; structuring.
- 1. The theatre is a futuristic steel and glass structure.
- 2. Torn muscles retract, and lose strength, structure, and tightness.
- 3. My grumble is with the structure and organisation of the material.
- 4. The chronological sequence gives the book an element of structure.
- 5. The chemical structure of this particular molecule is very unusual.
[ structure 造句 ]