- mollycoddle (v.)
- also molly-coddle, 1870, from a noun (1833) meaning "one who coddles himself," from Molly (pet name formation from Mary), which had been used contemptuously since 1754 for "a milksop, an effeminate man," + coddle (q.v.). Related: Mollycoddled; mollycoddling.
- 1. You shouldn't mollycoddle your kids.
- 2. Let's not mollycoddle our students!
- 3. The mollycoddle does no interest in everything.
- 4. Of course, she did not mind it when Arthur would mollycoddle her with the same actions.
- 当然,如果亚瑟把这股无微不至的关心放在她身上, 她是不会反对的啦.
[ mollycoddle 造句 ]