- vt. 决定；溶解；使…分解；决心要做…
- vi. 解决；决心；分解
- n. 坚决；决定要做的事
CET4 TEM4 IELTS 考 研 TOEFL CET6
来自拉丁语 resolvere,分开，松开，解开，来自 re-,向后，往回，solvere,松开，词源同 solve,loose. 引申词义解决，决议，决心等。
- resolve: see solve
- resolve (v.)
- late 14c., "melt, dissolve, reduce to liquid;" intransitive sense from c. 1400; from Old French resolver or directly from Latin resolvere "to loosen, loose, unyoke, undo; explain; relax; set free; make void, dispel," from re-, perhaps intensive, or "back" (see re-), + solvere "loosen" (see solve). Early 15c. as "separate into components," hence the use in optics (1785). Meaning "determine, decide upon" is from 1520s, hence "pass a resolution" (1580s). For sense evolution, compare resolute (adj.). Related: Resolved; resolving.
- resolve (n.)
- "determination, firmness or fixedness of purpose; a determination," 1590s, from resolve (v.).
- 1. This merely strengthens our resolve to win the league.
- 2. The two communities are learning how to resolve their differences.
- 3. The two sides are now working diligently to resolve their differences.
- 4. Britain was to pay dearly for its lack of resolve.
- 5. We have to resolve this matter once and for all.
[ resolve 造句 ]