来自葡萄牙语 teca,来自印度泰米尔语 tekku,柚木。 teakettle 烧水壶
- teak (n.)
- type of large East Indian tree yielding dark, heavy wood, 1690s, from Portuguese teca, from Malayam tekka, corresponding to Tamil tekku, Telugu teku, Kanarese tegu "the teak tree." The Hindi name is sagwan, sagun.
- 1. Everything along the border has its price: drugs, teak, smuggled goods.
- 2. The door is beautifully made in solid teak.
- 3. The teak table has fluted legs.
- 4. With the exception of teak, this is the finest wood for boat construction.
- 5. Pine is a soft wood and teak is a hard wood.
[ teak 造句 ]