- poppycock (n.)
- 1865, American English, probably from Dutch dialect pappekak, from Middle Dutch pappe "soft food" (see pap) + kak "dung," from Latin cacare "to excrete" (see caca).
- 1. Those five judges up there are not going to sustain any such poppycock idea as this.
- 2. Politically maybe the idea seems good, but militarily it's poppycock.
- 这种想法在政治上可能看来可取, 但在军事上那是废话一堆.
- 3. He dismissed the official explanationas complete poppycock.
- 4. Your correspondent thinks this is poppycock.
[ poppycock 造句 ]