3. 四大元素精灵: 火精灵、风精灵、水精灵、地精灵。
词源不确定。可能来自希腊语*genomos, 地下居住者，来自ge-, 土地，词源同geology. -nomos, 居住，词源同nomad. 或词源同gnomic, know, 有见解，有知识的。
- gnome:  Gnome comes via French from Latin gnomus, a word coined by the 16thcentury Swiss physician Paracelsus for a type of being that lives in the earth, in the same way that fish live in water. It seems to have been a pure invention on his part, and is not based on or related to Greek gnómē ‘opinion, judgment’ (source of English gnomic  and connected with agnostic, diagnosis, and know). The term gnomes of Zürich for ‘Swiss financiers’ is first recorded in the early 1960s.
- gnome (n.1)
- "dwarf-like earth-dwelling spirit," 1712, from French gnome (16c.), from Medieval Latin gnomus, used 16c. in a treatise by Paracelsus, who gave the name pigmaei or gnomi to elemental earth beings, possibly from Greek *genomos "earth-dweller" (compare thalassonomos "inhabitant of the sea"). A less-likely suggestion is that Paracelsus based it on the homonym that means "intelligence" (see gnome (n.2)).
Popularized in England in children's literature from early 19c. as a name for red-capped German and Swiss folklore dwarfs. Garden figurines of them were first imported to England late 1860s from Germany; garden-gnome attested from 1933. Gnomes of Zurich for "international financiers" is from 1964.
- gnome (n.2)
- "short, pithy statement of general truth," 1570s, from Greek gnome "judgment, opinion; maxim, the opinion of wise men" (see gnomic).
- 1. The GNOME desktop has been like this way too.
- 2. Welcome to Beijing GNOME User Group!
- 3. How to switch to Console mode in GNOME?
- 4. Personally, I'm also wondering why there are some significant differences between GNOME and KDE.
- 就个人而言, 我也想知道为什么在GNOME和KDE之间有一些显著差异.
- 5. In order to use the accessibility support for GNOME accessibility infrastructure must be enabled.
[ gnome 造句 ]