- n. 责任，义务；负担
- n. (Onus)人名；(英)奥纳斯
1. on + us => 责任和负担落到了我们身上。在我们身上有责任和义务。
2. onus => oner-.
- onus (n.)
- 1640s, from Latin onus "load, burden," figuratively "tax, expense; trouble, difficulty," from PIE *en-es- "burden" (source of Sanskrit anah "cart, wagon"). Hence legal Latin onus probandi (1722), literally "burden of proving."
- 1. The onus is on employers to follow health and safety laws.
- 2. The onus is on government departments to show cause why information cannot be disclosed.
- 3. The onus is on the shopkeeper to provide goods which live up to the quality of their description.
- 4. The onus of proof is reversed in libel actions and placed firmly on the defender.
- 5. The onus of proof lies with you.
[ onus 造句 ]