- adj. 水银的；水星的；墨丘利神的；雄辩机智的；活泼善变的
- n. 汞剂；水银剂
- mercurial (adj.)
- late 14c., "pertaining to the planet Mercury" (see Mercury). Meaning "sprightly, volatile, quick" (1590s) is from supposed qualities of those born under the planet Mercury (they also are the qualities of the god Mercury), probably also partly by association with the qualities of quicksilver. A variant in this sense was mercurious (1590s). Related: Mercurially; mercuriality.
- 1. Emily's mercurial temperament made her difficult to live with.
- 2. He is a complicated man— moody, mercurial, with a melancholy streak.
- 3. Meanwhile, his mercurial character has only got more erratic.
- 同时, 喜乐无常的个性使小泽变得更加难以捉摸.
- 4. Mercurial Stone can now be put into Gem Bags.
- 5. Wealth and power can be fleeting, family bonds tenuous , status mercurial.
- 财富权力转眼成空, 家庭关系淡薄如纸, 名望地位飘忽不定.
[ mercurial 造句 ]