- vt. 使缠绕；使交织；编饰
- vi. 缠绕；搓；交织；编饰
- n. 麻线；细绳；搓；合股线
来自 twin 的对词，引申词义双股线，合股线，线，绳等。
- twine (n.)
- "strong thread made from twisted strands," Old English twin "double thread," from Proto-Germanic *twiznaz "double thread, twisted thread" (cognates: Dutch twijn, Low German twern, German zwirn "twine, thread"), from the same root as twin (adj.).
- twine (v.)
- "to twist strands together to form twine," c. 1300, from twine (n.) and probably also from Old Norse tvinna "to double." Sense of "to twist around something" (as twine does) is recorded from late 14c. Related: Twined; twining.
- 1. These strands of molecules twine around each other to form cable-like structures.
- 2. He tied the parcel with twine.
- 3. As the flimsy constructs soared, the men paid out twine until the kites reached three or four thousand feet.
- 4. Their cardboard boxes were wrapped and tied neatly with waxed twine.
- 5. The vines twine about the frame and form a shade.
[ twine 造句 ]