- n. 先生，阁下；指导教师，大学教师
- vt. 穿上
- n. (Don)人名；(缅)顿；(英)唐(男子教名Donald 的昵称)
contraction of do on (see doff).
1.学究，来自拉丁语dominus, 主，上帝，词源同domain. 学生俚语。
2.穿上，来自do on, do，放置。
- don: see doff
- don (n.)
- 1520s, from Spanish or Portuguese don, title of respect, from Latin dominus "lord, master." The university sense is c. 1660, originally student slang; underworld sense is 1952, from Italian don, from Late Latin domnus, from Latin dominus (see domain). The fem. form is Dona (Spanish/Portuguese), Donna (Italian).
- don (v.)
- early 14c. contraction of do on (see doff). "After 1650 retained in popular use only in north. dialect; as a literary archaism it has become very frequent in 19th c." [OED]. Related: Donned; donning.
- 1. If you're not satisfied with the life you're living, don't just complain. Do something about it.
- 2. I don't want any more of that heavy stuff.
- 3. Don't worry. We'll have you out of here double-quick.
- 4. I don't see the point in it really. It's just stupid.
- 5. I really don't see any reason for changing it.
[ don 造句 ]