- Derbyshire town, Old English Cesterfelda, literally "open land near a Roman fort," from ceaster "fort" (see Chester) + feld "open land" (see field (n.)). The cigarette brand was named for Chesterfield County, Virginia, U.S. As a kind of overcoat and a kind of sofa (both 19c.), the name comes from earls of Chesterfield. Philip Stanhope, the fourth Earl of Chesterfield (1694-1773) was the writer on manners and etiquette.
- 1. Chesterfield snatched a third goal.
- 2. Paid 15 to Grama, six went back to the Chesterfield.
- 给格兰玛一万五, 6000给切斯特非尔德.
- 3. I started calling him " Lord Chesterfield " and " The Great Gatsby. "
- 我于是就开始叫他 “ 切斯特菲尔德大人 ” 和 “ 了不起的盖茨比 ”.
- 4. A lake of eastern Northwest Territories, Canada, near Chesterfield Inlet , an arm of Hudson Bay.
- 加拿大西北领地东部的一个湖, 位于哈得孙湾的一个海湾--切斯特菲尔德湾的附近.
- 5. Phil Picken completed 90 minutes as Chesterfield's woeful form continued with a 3 - 1 defeat at Port Vale.
- 菲尔-皮肯打满90分钟,但是切斯特菲尔德悲惨的被伯特瓦尔 3-1 击败遭遇连败.
[ Chesterfield 造句 ]