1. flip: 无礼的、轻率的、油腔滑调的。
- flippant (adj.)
- c. 1600, "talkative, nimble in talk;" 1670s, "displaying unbecoming levity," apparently an extended form of flip (v.). The ending is perhaps modeled on other adjectives in -ant or a relic of the Middle English present participle ending -inde. Shortened form flip is attested from 1847. Related: Flippantly.
- 1. I didn't mean any offence. It was a flippant, off-the-cuff remark.
- 2. Don't be flippant, damn it! This is serious!
- 3. It was a flippant and unfeeling remark.
- 4. Don't be flippant, damn it! This is serious.
- 5. He now dismisses that as a flippant comment.
[ flippant 造句 ]