- adj. 风景优美的；舞台的；戏剧的
- n. 风景胜地；风景照片
TEM4 IELTS TOEFL
- scenic (adj.)
- 1620s, "of or belonging to the stage or drama, theatrical," from French scénique (14c.) and directly from Latin scaenicus "dramatic, theatrical," from Greek skenikos, from skene (see scene). Meaning "of or belonging to natural scenery" is recorded from 1842. Of roads, etc., "offering fine views," recorded since 1885. Scenic railway is recorded from 1886. Related: Scenically.
- 1. It was even marked on the map as a scenic route.
- 2. The landscape became wider, flatter and very scenic.
- 3. an area of scenic beauty
- 4. The scenic beauty of the place entranced [ fascinated ] the visitors.
- 这里的美丽风光把游客们 迷住 了.
- 5. The scenic spot is on northwestern outskirts of Beijing.
[ scenic 造句 ]