- multinational (adj.)
- also multi-national, by 1921, from multi- + national. Originally with reference to states; later (by 1960) to corporations and organizations. As a noun, short for multinational corporation, attested by 1971.
- 1. In the mass production era multinational firms tended to centralize their operations.
- 2. The US troops would be part of a multinational force.
- 3. The company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of a large multinational.
- 4. The firm was taken over by a multinational consulting firm.
- 5. Many multinational companies have substantial operations in this area.
[ multinational 造句 ]