- vt. 治疗；对待；探讨；视为
- vi. 探讨；请客；协商
- n. 请客；款待
- n. (Treat)人名；(英)特里特
CET4 TEM4 考 研 CET6
1、treat- "manage, handle, deal with" => treat.
来自古法语 traitier,处理，来自拉丁语 tractare,管理，引导，来自拉丁语 trahere 的反复格动词 形式，词源同 tract,entreat.引申词义对待，治疗，款待等。拼写比较 fact,feat.
- treat:  Treat comes ultimately from Latin tractāre, a derivative of tractus (source of English contract, tractor, etc), the past participle of trahere ‘pull’. Originally tractāre meant ‘drag’, but it branched out metaphorically to ‘handle, deal with, discuss’, and it was in these senses that it reached English via Anglo-Norman treter. The notion of ‘dealing with something by discussion’ also underlies treatise  and treaty , which come from the same ultimate source.
=> contract, tractor, treatise, treaty
- treat (v.)
- c. 1300, "negotiate, bargain, deal with," from Old French traitier "deal with, act toward; set forth (in speech or writing)" (12c.), from Latin tractare "manage, handle, deal with, conduct oneself toward," originally "drag about, tug, haul, pull violently," frequentative of trahere (past participle tractus) "to pull, draw" (see tract (n.1)).
Meaning "to entertain with food and drink without expense to the recipient by way of compliment or kindness (or bribery)" is recorded from c. 1500. Sense of "deal with, handle, or develop in speech or writing" (early 14c.) led to the use in medicine "to attempt to heal or cure, to manage in the application of remedies" (1781). Related: Treated; treating.
- treat (n.)
- late 14c., "action of discussing terms," from treat (v.). Sense of "a treating with food and drink, an entertainment given as a compliment or expression of regard" (1650s) was extended by 1770 to "anything that affords much pleasure."
- 1. New ways to treat arthritis may provide an alternative to painkillers.
- 2. They shouldn't treat their mother in this disrespectful way.
- 3. Her cousin, a hairdresser, was perming her hair as a special treat.
- 4. No one knew how to treat this dreaded disease.
- 5. The allies say they will treat their prisoners decently.
[ treat 造句 ]