- portico: see porch
- portico (n.)
- c. 1600, from Italian portico, from Latin porticus "colonnade, arcade, covered walk, porch," from porta "gate" (see port (n.1)). Especially of the Painted Porch in Athens.
- 1. A large portico provides a suitably impressive entrance to the chapel.
- 2. The gateway and its portico had openings all around.
- 3. Seven steps led up to it, with its portico opposite them.
- 登七层台阶上到这门, 前面有廊子.
- 4. And the threshold gate next to the portico facing the temple was one rod deep.
- 5. Whit the development economics, technology and social lives, the portico spaces are changing quickly.
- 随着改革开放的深入,经济的发展, 技术的进步和社会生活的日益丰富, 建筑的门厅空间发生着日新月异的变化.
[ portico 造句 ]