- n. 冲沟；水沟
- vt. 在…上开沟
- vi. 形成沟
- n. (Gully)人名；(法)居利；(英)格利
来自词根gull, 吞食，词源同glut, gullet. 引申义食道，深沟。
- gully (n.)
- "channel in earth made by running water," 1650s, possibly a variant of Middle English golet "water channel" (see gullet). Gully-washer, American English colloquial for "heavy rainstorm," attested by 1887.
- 1. It's unlikely that this gully was produced by nature.
- 2. The bodies of the three climbers were located at the bottom of a steep gully.
- 3. The creek had eroded deep into the little gully.
- 4. They clambered up a narrow gully.
- 5. One cut with my sea - gully, and the Hispaniola would go humming down the tide.
- 只要我用水手折刀一割, 西斯潘尼奥拉号就会被潮水冲走.
来自英汉文学 - 金银岛
[ gully 造句 ]