buff, 吹，引人发笑，拟声词，同puff. -oon, 大词后缀，多用于贬义。
- buffoon (n.)
- 1540s, "type of pantomime dance;" 1580s, "clown," from Middle French bouffon (16c.), from Italian buffone "jester," from buffa "joke, jest, pleasantry," from buffare "to puff out the cheeks," a comic gesture, of echoic origin. Also see -oon.
- 1. They pictured their manager as a buffoon.
- 2. He was one part blackguard, people said, and three parts buffoon.
- 人家说他是一分流氓气, 三分小丑气.
- 3. That politician acted like a buffoon during that debate.
- 4. The man painted his hair into blue, looking like a buffoon.
- 那人的头发染成了艳绿色, 看上去像个小丑.
- 5. In most people's opinion, what she acted was alike a buffoon.
- 在很多人看来, 她的行为很滑稽.
[ buffoon 造句 ]