英 [rɪ'sɜːtʃ; 'riːsɜːtʃ]
- n. 研究；调查
- vi. 研究；调查
- vt. 研究；调查
- [ 过去式 researched 过去分词 researched 现在分词 researching ]
CET4 TEM4 IELTS 考 研 CET6
- research (n.)
- 1570s, "act of searching closely," from Middle French recerche (1530s, Modern French recherche), back-formation from Old French recercher (see research (v.)). Meaning "scientific inquiry" is first attested 1630s. Phrase research and development is recorded from 1923.
- research (v.)
- 1590s, from Middle French recercher, from Old French recercher "seek out, search closely," from re-, intensive prefix (see re-), + cercher "to seek for" (see search (v.)). Related: Researched; researching.
- 1. Research and technology are said to be chronically underfunded.
- 2. Faculty members devote most of their time to scholarly research.
- 3. Research shows a wide difference in tastes around the country.
- 4. Worldwide, an enormous amount of research effort goes into military technology.
- 5. The thing that matters is the furtherance of research in this country.
[ research 造句 ]