- vi. 变温和，变宽厚；减弱；缓和
- vt. 使变温和；减轻
- v. 再借给（relend的过去分词）
1. re- + lent-.
2. => melt, soften, dissolve.
3. => soften, become supple.
5. lent- (谐音“嫩特”----特嫩----特别的嫩-----柔和、柔软、温和)。
- relent (v.)
- late 14c., "to melt, soften, dissolve," from re- + Latin lentus "slow, viscous, supple" (see lithe), perhaps on model of Old French rallentir. Sense of "become less harsh or cruel" first recorded 1520s. The notion probably is of a hard heart melting with pity. Related: Relented; relenting.
- 1. The police will not relent in their fight against crime.
- 2. Your own family might in time relent.
- 3. I confess the inhumanity of this action moved me very much, and made me relent exceedingly.
- 我自认这种不人道的举动使我很痛心, 我非常怜悯她.
- 4. She is going to drag out the engagement, in the hope of making me relent.
- 她想把婚约拖下去, 打算这样来使我让步.
- 5. In the light of these things, should I relent?
- 你也向他浇了奠祭,献了供物,因这事我岂能容忍 吗 ?
[ relent 造句 ]