- methylene (n.)
- 1835, from French méthylène (1834), coined by Jean-Baptiste-André Dumas (1800-1884) and Eugène-Melchior Péligot (1811-1890) from Greek methy "wine" (see mead (n.1)) + hyle "wood" + Greek name-forming element -ene. So called because detected in wood alcohol. "The breakdown of methylene into methyl and -ene, and the identification of the last syllable of methyl with the general suffix -ly, led to the use of meth- as a separate combining-element, as, for example, in methane, methacrylic" [Flood].
- 1. Kodak company describes open chain reactive methylene two - equivalent yellow - forming conplers.
- 2. The reactor and transfer line are rinsed with several small portions of methylene chloride.
- 3. One of the hydrogen atoms of the active methylene group is replaced with a cyclooxy group.
- 4. Do you bring the Retort Kit, Methylene Blue Kit to the platform?
- 你带了固相蒸馏仪和亚甲基蓝测试仪到平台上 吗 ?
- 5. The rods are seen here with a methylene blue stain.
[ methylene 造句 ]