e-, 向外。-miss, 派遣，发送，见mission.
- emissary (n.)
- 1620s, from French émissaire (17c.) or directly from Latin emissarius "a scout, a spy," literally "that is sent out," from emissus, past participle of emittere "send forth" (see emit).
- 1. He had been engaged in emissary activity before he was discovered.
- 2. Was Colombo the emissary of Pope Paul, his Trojan horse within the Commission?
- 3. Mr. Miller was sent as an emissary for the peace talks.
- 4. Yet another Italian emissary, General Zanossi, appeared on August 26 in Lisbon.
- 还有一名意大利特使, 扎努西将军,于8月26日出现在里斯本.
- 5. He had never sought the role of a minor presidential emissary.
[ emissary 造句 ]