- n. 流苏；缨；穗
- vt. 用流苏装饰；摘下…穗
- vi. 抽穗；长出穗状雄花
- n. (Tassel)人名；(法)塔塞尔
来自古法语 tassel,流苏，穗，缨，词源可能同 toss,扔，摇摆。
- tassel (n.)
- c. 1300, "mantle fastener," from Old French tassel "tassel, fringe, hem; a fastening, clasp" (12c., Modern French tasseau), from Vulgar Latin *tassellus, said to be from Latin taxillus "small die or cube," a diminutive of talus "knucklebone (used as a die in gaming), ankle" (see talus (n.1)). But OED finds this doubtful and calls attention to the variant form tossel and suggests association with toss (v.). Meaning "hanging bunch of small cords" is first recorded late 14c.
- 1. The corn has begun to tassel.
- 2. The scientists were Jerry Merryman, James Van Tassel and Jack Kilby.
- 这些科学家是杰利马瑞曼, 詹姆斯范塔索和杰克基拜.
- 3. ANd it has AN inflorescence that looks something like a corn tassel.
- 4. To salute the advent of intellectual economy, must not pluvial silken tassel.
- 为迎接知识经济的到来, 必须未雨绸缨.
- 5. Is the high central section of blue Suzhou tassel school shift Class several?
- 苏州蓝缨学校高中部实验班是几班 啊 ?
[ tassel 造句 ]