- vt. 纠缠，烦扰；使烦恼
- n. (Pester)人名；(德)佩斯特
CET6+ TEM8 IELTS GRE
1. pest => pester.
- pester (v.)
- 1520s, "to clog, entangle, encumber," probably a shortening of Middle French empestrer "place in an embarrassing situation" (Modern French empêtrer, Walloon epasturer), from Vulgar Latin *impastoriare "to hobble" (an animal), from Latin im- "in" + Medieval Latin pastoria (chorda) "(rope) to hobble an animal," from Latin pastoria, fem. of pastorius "of a herdsman," from pastor "herdsman" (see pastor (n.)). Sense of "annoy, trouble" (1560s) is from influence of pest. Related: Pestered; pestering.
- 1. Now with Joy for company, she didn't pester him so much and he came home later.
- 近来,有小福子做伴儿, 她不甚管束他了,他就晚回来一些.
来自汉英文学 - 骆驼祥子
- 2. He told her not to pester him with trifles.
- 3. PLAYER, how long will you pester me with indecisive ways?
- 4. For years Mary have been pester him to take her to europe.
- 5. Don't pester me. I've got something urgent to attend to.
- 你别跟我蘑菇了, 我还有急事呢.
[ pester 造句 ]