英 [paɪ'reksɪə; pɪ-]
- pyrexia (n.)
- "fever," 1769, medical Latin, from Greek pyrexis "feverishness," from pyressein "to be feverish, to be ill of fever," from pyretos "fever, burning heat," related to pyr "fire," from PIE root *paəwr- "fire" (see fire (n.)) + abstract noun ending -ia.
- 1. Examination showed an ill - looking and obese woman with pyrexia of 38.
- 2. We would recommend that ibuprofen be avoided in infants and toddlers for the management of pyrexia.
- 3. Fever ( or pyrexia ): Abnormally high body temperature or a disease characterized by it.
- 发热: 异常升高的体温,或以异常升高的体温为特征的疾病.
[ pyrexia 造句 ]