- vt. 缩回；缩进；取消
- vi. 缩回；缩进；撤消
- n. 收缩核
1、re- "back" + tract-.
2、字面意思为：draw (something) back.
- retract (v.)
- early 15c., "to draw (something) back," from Old French retracter (14c.) and directly from Latin retractus, past participle of retrahere "to draw back" (see retraction). Sense of "to revoke, recant, take back" is attested from 1540s, probably a back-formation from retraction. Related: Retracted; retracting.
- 1. Torn muscles retract, and lose strength, structure, and tightness.
- 2. He's hoping that if he makes me feel guilty, I'll retract.
- 3. A cat can retract its claws, but a dog can't.
- 猫的爪子可以缩进去, 但狗不能.
- 4. You may retract that statement.
- 5. Mr Smith hurriedly sought to retract the statement, but it had just been broadcast on national radio.
[ retract 造句 ]