- n. 内部；本质
- adj. 内部的；国内的；本质的
CET4 TEM4 IELTS 考 研 TOEFL CET6
1、from Latin interior "inner, interior, middle, within", comparative of interus "on the inside, inward", which itself is comparative of in.
2、interior <=> exterior, 一对构造模式相同的反义词。
- interior (adj.)
- late 15c., from Middle French intérieur and directly from Latin interior "inner, interior, middle," comparative adjective of inter "within" (see inter-). Meaning "of the interior parts of a country" is from 1777; meaning "internal affairs of a country or state" (as in U.S. Department of the Interior) is from 1838. Interior decoration first attested 1807. Interior design from 1927.
- interior (n.)
- "part of a country distant from the coast," 1796, from interior (adj.); meaning "inside of a building or room" is from 1829.
- 1. Interior decoration by careful coordination seems to have had its day.
- 2. The interior flatlands and valleys are thickly planted with coconuts.
- 3. The interior was shielded from the curious gaze of passersby.
- 4. The late afternoon sun brightened the interior of the church.
- 5. Efforts to reform the Interior Ministry have not yet proceeded very far.
[ interior 造句 ]