- vt. 潦草地写；乱涂
- vi. 乱涂，涂鸦；乱写
- n. 潦草的笔迹
1. -awl, -rawl 表示那种爬行、拖动、拖行、蔓延、延伸这类含义：crawl, drawl, sprawl, trawl, scrawl.
2. crawl => scrawl.
3. scrib- / script- + crawl => scrawl.
4. sprawl + crawl => scrawl.
可能来自 scribe,写，拼写受影响于 sprawl,蔓延，杂乱无章的展开。引申词义潦草的写。
- scrawl (v.)
- 1610s, "write or draw untidily," of uncertain origin, perhaps from Middle English scrawlen "spread out the limbs, sprawl" (early 15c.), which possibly is an alteration of sprawlen (see sprawl (v.)) or crawl (v.). Related: Scrawled; scrawling. The noun is recorded from 1690s, from the verb. Meaning "bad handwriting" is from 1710.
- 1. The letter was handwritten, in a hasty, barely decipherable scrawl.
- 2. This letter must be from Frank; I recognized his scrawl.
- 这封信一定是弗兰克写来的, 我认得他那潦草的笔迹.
- 3. His signature was an incomprehensible scrawl.
- 4. Don't scrawl on the wall.
- 5. Don't scribble [ scrawl ] on the wall.
[ scrawl 造句 ]