- n. 告别，辞别；再见；再会
- int. 别了！（常含有永别或不容易再见面的意思）；再会！
- adj. 告别的
CET4 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 CET6
1、fare (v.) + well (adv.)
2、fare (v.) 的古语含义为：旅行、旅途。因此，该词的字面含义为：旅途愉快。由此引申为：道别、告辞之意。
- farewell (interj.)
- expression at parting, late 14c., from Middle English faren wel, verbal phrase attested by c. 1200 (see fare (v.) + well (adv.)); usually said to the departing person, who replied with good-bye. As a noun, "a good-bye, a leave-taking," by early 15c. Expression to a fare-thee-well "to the last degree" is by 1884, American English.
- 1. She bade farewell to her son.
- 2. I bade farewell to all the friends I had made in Paris.
- 3. He bade his wife farewell and set out on his journey.
- 4. His farewell speech marked his exit from politics.
- 5. She gave him a light peck of farewell.
[ farewell 造句 ]