- warbler (n.)
- 1610s, agent noun from warble (v.). Applied to Old World songbirds by 1773 and to North American birds that look like them but sing little by 1783.
- 1. He was a warbler and flying very low over the water.
- 2. He was warbler and flying very low over the water.
- 3. Old World warbler similar to the greater whitethroat but smaller.
- 4. North American wood warbler having an orange - and - black head and throat.
- 5. American warbler; builds a dome - shaped nest on the ground.
- 美洲林莺; 在地上筑圆丘 状 的巢.
[ warbler 造句 ]