- vt. 走过头；过度伸张；诈骗
- vi. 伸得过远；（马）以后蹄踢前蹄
1. over- "above normal" + reach.
2. 含义：reach above or beyond, reach beyond one's strength, extend over something.
- overreach (v.)
- c. 1300, "to reach above or beyond" (transitive), from over- + reach (v.). Meaning "to extend over something, to cover it" is from c. 1400. Sense of "to reach beyond one's strength" is from 1560s. As a noun from 1550s. Related: Overreached; overreaching.
- 1. The people who sustain the worst losses are usually those who overreach.
- 2. It isn't wise to be too clever. Sometimes you overreach yourself.
- 太精明未必好, 有时会弄巧成拙.
- 3. Overreach is also foolish because it exposes conservatives as fair - weather federalists.
- 4. He had to overreach in order to catch my hand.
- 5. Beijing property market cooling small Huxing next year overreach?
[ overreach 造句 ]