- n. 会议；会见；集会；汇合点
- v. 会面；会合（meet的ing形式）
CET4 TEM4 考 研 CET6
- meeting (n.)
- "action of coming together," Old English gemeting, verbal noun from meet (v.). Meaning "gathering of people for discussion, etc." is from 1510s. In 17c., it was applied generally to worship assemblies of nonconformists, but this now is retained mostly by Quakers.
- 1. We'll go to a meeting in Birmingham and come straight back.
- 2. The Politburo has been meeting in Peking to discuss the situation.
- 3. The club has moved its meeting to Saturday, January 22nd.
- 4. The representatives almost came to blows at a meeting.
- 5. The seven major industrial countries will have their yearly meeting in London.
[ meeting 造句 ]