来自词根bat, 张口，拟声词。同bashful , 窘迫的。
- badinage (n.)
- "light railery," 1650s, from French badinage "playfulness, jesting," from badiner (v.) "to jest, joke," from badin "silly, jesting," from Old Provençal badar "to yawn, gape," from Late Latin badare "to gape," from *bat-, the root of abash.
- 1. They bellowed pleasedly at the badinage.
- 2. When he reached the gate, there was the usual badinage with Charlie.
- 当他来到公园大门时, 还是与往常一样和查理开玩笑.
- 3. For all the forced badinage, it was an awkward meal.
- 大家尽管勉强地说说笑笑, 这顿饭依旧吃得很别扭.
[ badinage 造句 ]