CET4 TEM4 IELTS 考 研
1. seminary => seminar.
2. "breeding ground, plant nursery" => "group of students working with a professor, meeting for discussion of a subject".
来自德语 Seminar,研讨会，讨论会，来自拉丁语 seminarium,育种室，来自 semen,种子，-arium, 表地方。
- seminar: see seed
- seminar (n.)
- 1887, "special group-study class for advanced students," from German Seminar "group of students working with a professor," from Latin seminarium "breeding ground, plant nursery" (see seminary). Sense of "meeting for discussion of a subject" first recorded 1944.
- 1. Seminar topics are chosen for their accessibility to a general audience.
- 2. By the way, how did your seminar go?
- 3. The seminar aims to provide an overview on new media publishing.
- 4. While it will be fun, the seminar also promises to be most instructive.
- 5. The economics, history and political science departments organized an interdisciplinary seminar on Southeast Asia.
- 经济, 历史及政治三个系共同举办了一个东南亚讲演会.
[ seminar 造句 ]