- nightcap (n.)
- also night-cap, late 14c., "covering for the head, worn in bed," from night + cap (n.). In the alcoholic sense, it is attested from 1818. American English sense of "final event in a sporting contest" (especially the second game of a baseball double-header) is from 1939.
- 1. Perhaps you would join me for a nightcap?
- 2. Let's have a nightcap and then go to bed.
- 我们喝杯酒再去睡 吧 .
- 3. At $ 120 a bottle, that's an expensive nightcap!
- 那种酒每瓶120美元,这么说来, 每晚的酒钱就很可观!
- 4. A nightcap would hit the spot.
- 5. We had a nightcap before bedtime to round off a perfect day.
[ nightcap 造句 ]