- vi. 咆哮；怒吼；狂吠
- vt. 狂喊着说；对…吼叫
- n. 嗥叫；怒号；嚎哭
CET6 TEM4 IELTS 考 研
2. howl 【嚎，嗥呕】嗥 叫
- howl (v.)
- early 13c., houlen, probably ultimately of imitative origin; similar formations are found in other Germanic languages. Related: Howled; howling. As a noun from 1590s.
- 1. Traditionalists may howl, but in today's world, cultural relativism rules.
- 2. He tossed back his head in a howl of berserk laughter.
- 3. to howl in pain
- 4. He that lives with wolves will learn to howl.
- 5. African hyena noted for its distinctive howl.
[ howl 造句 ]