- n. 先锋；厢式货车；增值网
- vt. 用车搬运
- n. (Van)人名；(老、泰、柬、缅)万
CET4 TEM4 考 研 CET6
1. shortening of vanguard.
2. advance => van.
3. shortening of caravan.
4. Century Dictionary suggests this was perhaps regarded as *carry-van.
5. nav- <====> van.
6. v- (vehicle) + an => van: 一辆车。
- van: see caravan
- van (n.1)
- "front part of an army or other advancing group," c. 1600, shortening of vanguard.
- van (n.2)
- "covered truck or wagon," 1829, shortening of caravan. Century Dictionary suggests this was perhaps regarded as *carry-van.
- 1. We spent years travelling around in a rusty old van.
- 2. It was unbelievably dramatic as lightning crackled all round the van.
- 3. There was a loud thump as the horse crashed into the van.
- 4. He made a living of sorts selling pancakes from a van.
- 5. Deliveries are made by common carrier or van line.
[ van 造句 ]