- vindictive (adj.)
- 1610s, "vengeful," from Latin vindicta "revenge" (see vindication) + -ive; or perhaps a shortening of vindicative based on the Latin word. From 1620s as "punitive, retributive," rather than personally vengeful or deliberately cruel. Related: Vindictively.
- 1. Better not tangle with the censors. They're very vindictive.
- 2. He accused her of being vindictive.
- 3. I don't like Kevin — he's got a nasty vindictive streak in him.
- 4. I have no vindictive feelings about it.
- 5. How can you be so vindictive?
[ vindictive 造句 ]