- vi. 抵抗，抗拒；忍耐
- vt. 抵抗；忍耐，忍住
- n. [助剂] 抗蚀剂；防染剂
CET4 TEM4 考 研 TOEFL CET6
- resist: see statue
- resist (v.)
- late 14c., from Old French resister "hold out against" (14c.), from Latin resistere "to make a stand against, oppose; to stand back; withstand," from re- "against" (see re-) + sistere "take a stand, stand firm" (see assist). Related: Resisted; resisting.
- 1. I only resist things like chocolate if I feel really gross.
- 2. In her place I wouldn't have been able to resist it.
- 3. I cannot resist slipping in a word of advice.
- 4. She couldn't resist a dig at Dave after his unfortunate performance.
- 5. Officials couldn't resist rubbing it in.
[ resist 造句 ]