- adj. 著名的；卓著的；高贵的
- v. 区别（distinguish的过去式）
TEM4 GRE TOEFL
- distinguished (adj.)
- c. 1600, "separate," past participle adjective from distinguish. Sense of "famous, celebrated," recorded from 1714; meaning "having an air of distinction" is from 1748.
- 1. All objects are vetted by a distinguished panel of experts.
- 2. She was surely the most distinguished queen consort we have had.
- 3. The medal bears the inscription "For distinguished service".
- 4. He had a distinguished record as a chaplain.
- 5. They distinguished themselves at the Battle of Assaye.
[ distinguished 造句 ]