- centipede (n.)
- 1640s, from French centipède, from Latin centipeda "many-footed insect," from centum "hundred" (see hundred) + pedis, genitive of pes "foot," from PIE root *ped- (1) "a foot" (see foot (n.)).
- 1. The creature is a tiny centipede, just 10 millimeters long.
- 2. A centipede snaked swiftly away.
- 3. Centipede bite yesterday was a dream, scared to death!
- 昨天梦见被蜈蚣咬了, 吓死了!
- 4. Remember ! Don't play with a centipede even if it looks dead.
- 5. I heard the cock to the centipede, and even went into hiding.
- 蜈蚣听说公鸡来了, 竟然躲了起来.
[ centipede 造句 ]