- n. 交织文字；将姓名的首字母组成的组合图案
- vt. 把交织字母印绣刻于
- monogram (n.)
- "two or more letters intertwined," 1690s, from French monogramme or directly from Late Latin monogramma (5c.), from Late Greek monogrammon "a character formed of several letters in one design," especially in reference to the signature of the Byzantine emperors, noun use of neuter of monogrammos (adj.) "consisting of a single letter," literally "drawn with single lines," from Greek monos "single, alone" (see mono-) + gramma "letter, line, that which is drawn or written" (see -gram). Earlier it meant "sketch or picture drawn in lines only, without shading or color," a sense also found in Latin and probably in Greek. Related: Monogrammatic.
- monogram (v.)
- 1868, from monogram (n.). Related: Monogrammed; monogramming.
- 1. There was a monogram in the corner in which were the initials " R . K . B . "
- 原来手帕角上有个图案,其中包含着 RKB 三个字母.
- 2. When we get married I don't have to change the monogram on my luggage.
- 3. Monogram Multicolor Louis Vuitton bags Greta is a classic and elegant.
- 4. A design combining or interweaving letters or initials; a monogram.
- '组合'.''文字''.'字母'.''或开头''.'字母'. ''合并或交织成的图案; 拼合文字.
- 5. One says that Thomas Jefferson invented it, perhaps as a sort of monogram for TS.
- 一种说法是:它是由托马斯杰弗逊发明的, 为TS交织字母的标记.
[ monogram 造句 ]