- omnipotent (adj.)
- early 14c., from Old French omnipotent "almighty, all-powerful" (11c.) or directly from Latin omnipotentem (nominative omnipotens) "all-powerful, almighty," from omnis "all" (see omni-) + potens (genitive potentis) "powerful" (see potent). Strictly only of God or a deity; general sense of "having absolute power or authority" is attested from 1590s.
- 1. If something could disenchant voters, it would be the image of a political leader who is relying on an omnipotent image to woo votes.
- 一个依赖以往的成绩和无所不能的形象来争取选票的政治领导人, 只会使选民感到失望.
- 2. When we are omnipotent we shall have no more need of science.
- 3. Doug lived in the shadow of his seemingly omnipotent father.
- 4. Since God is conceived to be omnipotent, He is a perfect being.
- 因为上帝被说成是万能的, 所以他是完美无缺的.
- 5. Tom: My omnipotent god, what do 10,000 golden coins mean to you?
- 汤姆: 我万能的上帝, 一万枚金币对你来说,意味着 什么 ?
[ omnipotent 造句 ]