- rationalist (n.)
- "one who follows reason and not authority in thought or speculation," originally especially "physician whose treatment is based on reason," 1620s, from rational + -ist. Applied to a philosophical doctrine 1640s. Related: Rationalism.
- 1. White was both visionary and rationalist.
- 2. The rationalist finally will be of dogmatic temper in his affirmations.
- 3. I remain an unrepentant rationalist.
- 4. Traditional individualism is rationalist individualism.
- 5. Kuhn: rationalist or irrationalist?
[ rationalist 造句 ]