1. car + apace => carapace.
- carapace (n.)
- 1836, from French carapace "tortoise shell" (18c.), from Spanish carapacho or Portuguese carapaça, which is of uncertain origin, perhaps somehow from Latin capa (see cape (n.1)).
- 1. The arrogance became his protective carapace.
- 2. He tickled gently at its glossy carapace,but the stubborn beetle would not budge.
- 3. The tortoise pulled its head into his carapace.
- 4. Main compositions Sour orange , tuckahoe, carapace element, fat - removing saponin etc.
- 主要成份:代代花, 茯苓, 甲壳素, 清脂皂素等.
- 5. He said and pulled his head into his carapace.
[ carapace 造句 ]