- n. （企业等的）合并；并购；吸收（如刑法中重罪吸收轻罪）
- n. (Merger)人名；(法)梅尔热；(德、捷)默格
- merger (n.)
- 1728 in legal sense, "extinguishment by absorption," from merge (v.), on analogy of French infinitives used as nouns (see waiver). From 1889 in the business sense; not common until c. 1926. General meaning "any act of merging" is from 1881.
- 1. The merger puts the firm in a position to triple its earnings.
- 2. His justification for the merger was just hot air.
- 3. a merger between the two banks
- 4. Plans for a merger have been scotched.
- 5. Acceptance of the offer is the first step to a merger.
[ merger 造句 ]