- vt. 增补，补充
- n. 增补，补充；补充物；增刊，副刊
CET4 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL CET6
1. sup 在下边补过去.
- supplement: see supply
- supplement (n.)
- late 14c., from Latin supplementum "that which fills up, that with which anything is made full or whole, something added to supply a deficiency," from supplere "to fill up" (see supply (v.)).
- supplement (v.)
- 1829, from supplement (n.). Compare Spanish suplementar. Related: Supplemented; supplementing.
- 1. She also writes a regular column for the Times Educational Supplement.
- 2. Soldiers in both countries supplement their incomes with payoffs from drugs exporters.
- 3. Some people may be entitled to a housing benefit supplement.
- 4. A supplement to this dictionary may be published next year.
- 5. They had to get a job to supplement the family income.
[ supplement 造句 ]